The Art + Science Behind Successful Transformation
Learn how you can apply Kotter’s 8 Accelerators and 4 Change Principles to dramatically increase your chances of success as you lead change.
About This Course
Today we expect leaders at all levels of an organization to deliver results under conditions of increasing change, uncertainty, and complexity. However, many feel unprepared and ill-equipped to lead change.
In this course, you will learn about the Science of Change and how to apply it to changes you are leading today, those that may emerge in the future, or those you may participate in as part of a larger group or organization.
Foundations of Change was designed by the most seasoned Kotter experts. As part of the experience, you’ll hear directly from the master facilitators who lead our research and consulting engagements, as well as directly from some of our clients about their stories of leading change.
With the Science of Change and real-life stories as reference and an action plan as your guide, you’ll immediately practice applying what you’ve learned to your specific context.
Course Outline | Foundations of Change is based on three core content modules:
- Module 1. The Science of Change
- Module 2. Kotter’s 4 Core Change Principles
- Module 3. Kotter’s 8 Accelerators for Leading Change
Begin your journey by learning about the three elements of the Science of Change:
- Human nature, including human hardwiring and how the Survive and Thrive channels impact whether we embrace or resist change
- The design and limitations of the modern organization
- Proven strategies and principles for leading change
Next, take a deep dive into Kotter’s Core Change Principles:
- Management + Leadership
- Head + Heart
- Have to + Want to
- Select Few + Diverse Many
Through interactive activities and practical exercises, you’ll learn how to apply these principles to create an environment where others are more engaged and open to change.
Build on your understanding:
By learning how to apply the key success factors behind each of the 8 Accelerators to your own work, including the importance of articulating a Big Opportunity and:
- Creating a Sense of Urgency
- Building a Guiding Coalition
- Forming a Strategic Vision
- Enlisting a Volunteer Army
- Enabling Action by Removing Barriers
- Generating Short-Term Wins
- Sustaining Acceleration
- Instituting Change